Pinoy Basketball Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pinoy Basketball Addicts

+3
isSey
kion
MagicMan1347
7 posters

Chris Alexander banned for leaving Patriots

MagicMan1347
    MagicMan1347

Chris Alexander banned for leaving Patriots Empty Chris Alexander banned for leaving Patriots

Post by MagicMan1347 Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:48 pm

Chris Alexander banned for leaving Patriots Chrisaleiui

Former Air Asia Philippine Patriots import Chris Alexander has been banned from playing in the ASEAN Basketball League, according to a statement posted in its official website, and could face stiffer sanctions from FIBA Asia for leaving his team without due notice from management.

The league said that it will be “blacklisting” the seven-foot Alexander and will report the incident to FIBA Asia.

“As his actions were deemed unprofessional, the ABL will be blacklisting Chris Alexander, who will no longer be allowed to participate in any of the league’s games. The ABL will also be bringing up the matter to FIBA Asia, which could result in further action against Alexander,” the league said in a statement.

The league has also gave the green light for Nakiea Miller to once again play for the Patriots, following an appeal by the team, starting in their match against the Saigon Heat on Wednesday at the Ynares Arena in Pasig.

According to official documentation by the Patriots, Alexander left the team without giving prior notice to management last April 19 which left the team with no choice but to play with only one import in Anthony Johnson against the Indonesia Warriors last Saturday.

The Patriots lost the game, 104-79, in their worst defeat at home in franchise history.

Because Alexander’s departure was deemed unforeseen by the league and was not because of injury or suspension, the ABL board decided to allow the Patriots to rehire Miller despite a league rule that disallows teams to make changes in their line-up after 16 games.

Alexander, who was replaced by Jackson Vroman as reinforcement for the Barangay Ginebra Kings during the eliminations of the PBA Commissioners’ Cup, played for the Patriots against the San Miguel Beermen last April 14 but suddenly left the country last week.

In his Twitter account, Alexander denied abandoning the Patriots saying that he informed his agent Sheryl Reyes and the assistant team manager of the team that he had to leave to attend a court case.

“I talked with my agent and as well as left half my stuff there to come home to attend some court stuff in which I have papers for. I also sent the [Patriots'] assistant GM a text and message on Facebook that I was going to attend court cases which I was gonna return next week,” wrote Alexander at that time.

Source: Art Requiron, InterAKTV

kion
    kion

Chris Alexander banned for leaving Patriots Empty Re: Chris Alexander banned for leaving Patriots

Post by kion Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:23 pm

This is bad.. I think this incident will effectively end Alexander's career in basketball.. I don't think he'll be able to find a job in Europe or some place else outside Asia.. This is just so unfortunate..
    isSey
    isSey

Chris Alexander banned for leaving Patriots Empty Re: Chris Alexander banned for leaving Patriots

Post by isSey Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:31 pm

dapat kase di na sya inalis sa ginebra mas cute pa tuloy yung pinalit sa kanya Chris Alexander banned for leaving Patriots 639602
    wolverine33
    wolverine33

Post by wolverine33 Tue May 01, 2012 12:29 am

umalis sya ng bansa para magattend ng court case?eh mas nadoble tuloy kasong iintindihin nya,tsk!tsk!that was so unfortunate for mr toothpick...anyway,so long CA44,sana maging ok lng sya... Chris Alexander banned for leaving Patriots 3707861959
    u2dL
    u2dL

Post by u2dL Tue May 01, 2012 1:15 am

- Wish all the best for our x-import. Hopefully malampasan nya ang trials na to.
    petiksmode
    petiksmode

Post by petiksmode Fri May 04, 2012 1:57 am

check this interview published in bandera the other day

http://thehotdogstand.net/pba/chris-alexander-the-truth-revealed/
    isSey
    isSey

Post by isSey Tue May 15, 2012 2:04 pm

petiksmode wrote:check this interview published in bandera the other day

aw kakalungkot naman yan sana pag nagka no limit ulit yun import kuhanin sya at bigyan ng chance kase umpisa palang nung inalis na sya mukhang mas magaling si alexander at tama nga dahil yung import ng ginebra para lang sila all filipino sayang ang height Chris Alexander banned for leaving Patriots 2805438083
    ketchzzUp
    ketchzzUp

Post by ketchzzUp Tue May 15, 2012 2:18 pm

petiksmode wrote:check this interview published in bandera the other day

Banned? for real ba to sir?

Kala ko settled na yung issue na talagang emergency.

Sa mga nabasa ko Hindi daw babalik sa atin si CA44 hanggat nasa SMC si Noli Eala. hayysss badtrip hehehe

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:27 am