Pinoy Basketball Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pinoy Basketball Addicts

Samboy: Salamat di ako napuruhan

Mon23
    Mon23

Samboy: Salamat di ako napuruhan Empty Samboy: Salamat di ako napuruhan

Post by Mon23 Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:47 am

Samboy: Salamat di ako napuruhan
    July 1989

San Miguel Beer’s high-flying frontliner Samboy Lim will rest for at least two weeks before plunging into active competition again after a hard fall and deep cut which necessitated 22 stitches to close.
    “sabi ng doktor ko, I must rest completely to avoid any complication. But if possible, I would like to play soonest,” said the soft-spoken gentleman from SMB. Samboy lost conciousness and was experiencing headaches after the incident but he was able to converse with a steady stream of visitors the next day. He had to be transferred two floors down at the Makati Medical Center to accommodate everyone.
    His mother, Corazon, who is an assistant executive housekeeper at Manila Hotel, felt indignant over what could have been a fatal injury to her son had he suffered a broken neck when he flipped over and crashed resoundingly on the floor. “Dapat ay i-throw out kasi ang mga player na ganoon,” said Ms. Lim who took a leave from her job until August 3 to take care of Samboy. She said that she seemed to have a premonition of the near tragic incident when she warned Samboy to beware of dirty players who might make an easy prey of him before the game, but Samboy just forgot it when he was inside the hardcourt.
    “Salamat at hindi ako napuruhan. Kung nagkamali ng kaunting-kaunti pa, at nabali ang leeg ko, siguro patay na ako,” Samboy Added, as he intently watched the game tape which was run repeatedly in a TV monitor in his suite.

A Hero’s role for Samboy
    August 1989

A two-week rest and mind-conditioning exercises did wonders for San Miguel Beer’s premier swingman, Samboy Lim, who managed to stage an inauspicious comeback on the eve of veteran Danilo Florencio’s first appearance as a spectator from the sidelines.
    Lim, whom experts claim is the best copycat of Florencio’s playing style when he was at the height of his career, was not impressed with what he saw in Samboy since the beerman appeared only for a few minutes in the hardcourt. In fact, Florencio was rather skeptical about his younger counterpart after seeing Rudy Distrito, Alvin Patrimonio and Robert Jaworski play.
    However, in his second outing, Samboy played the hero’s role by scoring the last two points through a split-second assist from teammate Bobby Jose to lift the beermen to a very important 121-120 victory over the protesting Shell Zoom Masters.
    “Wala na talagang time to waste so I did what I have to do at the precise moment. My aim was to win and hopefully get back my playing time,” explained Lim, after the game. He found time to thank all those who helped him hurdle his suffering after a bad, bloody fall he encountered during the Purefoods-SMB match in the eliminations.
    Now, perhaps Florencio would appreciate him better!

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07, 2024 5:33 pm