Pinoy Basketball Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pinoy Basketball Addicts

+22
dflash
pastorsahordak
Slash
iamrenz
kirbee06
leahcim_06
wolfgangaces
Eagle_Eye
chiongkai18
Mon23
bonzieknight1645
KH
jake
sniper
jojo sandoval
slinger
Ms.Fast
leniting
@Raffy
Richter
katz
jeck
26 posters

Greatest comeback by the player in history of the PBA

jeck
    jeck

Greatest comeback by the player in history of the PBA Empty Greatest comeback by the player in history of the PBA

Post by jeck Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:59 pm

This two superstar create a impact comeback in their successfull career in pro basketball.... who will be yours?
    jeck
    jeck

Greatest comeback by the player in history of the PBA Empty Re: Greatest comeback by the player in history of the PBA

Post by jeck Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:01 pm

I'll go with benjie paras.. despite of dominance of Fil_Ams in mid of 90's. His MVP award in 1999 shock the world of Philippine basketball..
    katz
    katz

Greatest comeback by the player in history of the PBA Empty Re: Greatest comeback by the player in history of the PBA

Post by katz Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:01 pm

>benjie paras di ko kse kilala si Bogs..di pa ko npapanganak nun eh... Greatest comeback by the player in history of the PBA 3090769472
    Richter
    Richter

Post by Richter Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:08 pm

katherine wrote:>benjie paras di ko kse kilala si Bogs..di pa ko npapanganak nun eh... Greatest comeback by the player in history of the PBA 3090769472

Bogs Adornado is a three-time PBA MVP (1975, 1976, 1980). He's also a member of RP Team that played in the 1972 Munich Olympics.

BTW, di pa rin ako pinapanganak noong prime niya. Hehe
    @Raffy
    @Raffy

Post by @Raffy Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:37 pm

Bogs adornado siya una naging pba mvp sa history...
    leniting
    leniting

Post by leniting Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:41 pm

His rookie year domination is gigantic, Benjie Paras and after a decade he proved that he is still the Tower of Power!(good thing he retired early, his monicker might not be applicable)

(OT: katz, nakakabaliw Jc pics mo..hay..makakalimutan ko fave player ko nyan!)
    Ms.Fast
    Ms.Fast

Post by Ms.Fast Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:26 pm

diko naabutan yang dalawa eh..but then i ask my dady kung cno sa dalawa..

dady:si benji paras,dalagang ang lakas nyan sa ilalim eh.ng mvp pa nga yan e.yung may import ata.

edi i'll go for benji=))
    slinger
    slinger

Post by slinger Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:29 pm

This is a good and very interesting question jeck! Let me share "my two cents" on this topic:

I. I think you may be actually referring to Bogs Adornado's MVP in 1981 and not 1976. It was in 1980 that Crispa released him due to his "career threatening" injury and UTex picked him up. He led his team to a championship and eventually won the MVP.
    II. As I said, your question is interesting because both players' achievement can be considered as great comebacks! For Bogs, nobody, except maybe UTex believed he still was capable of playing competitively after that injury. But lo and behold, he came back with a bang! Winning the most coveted individual award in Philippine basketball. As for Benjie, prior to 1999, his last MVP award was 10 years earlier. Some would say, Benjie maybe past his prime in 1999. But he led Shell to another championship in that year. Actually, he also won comeback player of the year in 1999 probably due to his MVP performance.
    But to answer your question, I will go with Benjie Paras. Not only because I was an avid Shell fan before but also because the circumstances were more difficult for Benjie than for Bogs. You see, both have suffered from career threatening injuries. Unknown to some, Benjie had a serious recurring injury over the years that's why he cannot play 100% all the time. And both led their teams to a championship in their "comeback year." But Benjie Paras did this feat at the time when Fil-ams are the "flavor of the month." He still was able to dominate in the midst of these more athletically-gifted players.
    III. Maybe you can consider looking at Peter Jun Simon as possible comeback player. He was drafted 43rd over in the 2001 PBA draft by Sta Lucia. He never got to play in the PBA. He returned to the PBL until 2004 when Purefoods got him as a free agent. The rest is, so to speak, history. Although some may argue that it should not be considered as comeback because he never actually played in the PBA in 2001 but I still believe that he became part of the PBA in that year by virtue of being drafted.
    jojo sandoval

Post by jojo sandoval Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:02 am

welcome back to our team the h-bomb rudy hatfield :shoot:
    sniper
    sniper

Post by sniper Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:58 am

benjie paras..
    jake
    jake

Post by jake Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:45 am

Benjie Paras
    KH
    KH

Post by KH Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:28 am

Euegene Tejada sana ang bet ko eh pero di nakabalik after a life threatening injury. Well, for me its Benjie Paras after he blossoms in his rookie days his career starts to slump thats the reason why he needs to have to enter the showbiz world but after ten years who may thought this man will erupt again. 👍
    bonzieknight1645

Post by bonzieknight1645 Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:27 pm

benjie paras... imagine it's impossible to win another mvp 10 years after you won your first one... and his motivation is he doesn't any of the fil-shams to duplicate his feat in short he wanted to protect the integrity of the pba by stepping up...
    Mon23
    Mon23

Post by Mon23 Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:12 am

Terry Saldana, if anyone here saw that horrifying injury ni Saldana back in '87.
    chiongkai18
    chiongkai18

Post by chiongkai18 Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:20 pm

ewan!dko klala mga pnili nyo..
    patay pa ako nyan..
    hehehe
    Eagle_Eye
    Eagle_Eye

Post by Eagle_Eye Mon May 03, 2010 8:36 pm

PBA's Greatest Comeback

1. JJ Helterbrand - He went back to US for 1 year and was persuaded to comeback. Helped BGK win several championships and eventually notched his first MVP award.

2. Rudy Distrito - He was dropped by his PBA team ( I think Magnolia) and he went back to PABL until he was persuaded by Jawo to don Ginebra uniform. Sa Ginebra sya nakilala bilang "The Destroyer"

3. Benhie Paras - he sit out 1 conference because he really wanted to play for Ginebra but his mother team wont release him.... he eventually came back under Shell uniform and won his 2nd MVP award.

4. Terry Saldana - I thought he'll go to pasture land when he took a very nasty injury( i think courtesy of Marte Saldana). But he did came back and is very instrumental in helping the Gordons Gin win championship( the time when super import Chris King got injured)
    wolfgangaces
    wolfgangaces

Post by wolfgangaces Tue May 04, 2010 12:54 pm

ill goo for Abet Guidaben...
    leahcim_06

Post by leahcim_06 Wed May 12, 2010 8:38 pm

benjie paras... lupet un lang
    kirbee06
    kirbee06

Post by kirbee06 Fri May 14, 2010 8:45 pm

GREATEST COMEBACK ay si jamorski..hahaha..greatest comeback sa senado
    iamrenz
    iamrenz

Post by iamrenz Fri May 14, 2010 9:41 pm

Benjie Paras Greatest comeback by the player in history of the PBA 315482386
    Slash
    Slash

Post by Slash Wed May 19, 2010 1:20 pm

Kelly Williams
    Jeffrey Cariaso

now: Eric Menk
    pastorsahordak
    pastorsahordak

Post by pastorsahordak Fri May 21, 2010 4:32 am

Jayjay Helterbrand

Post by Guest Fri May 21, 2010 8:33 am

gary david
    dflash

Post by dflash Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:16 pm

Benjie paras MVP na Rokkieof the year pa
    hunk

Post by hunk Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:47 pm

cris bolado - laging champion bawat mapuntahang team :laugh5:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07, 2024 5:38 pm