Pinoy Basketball Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pinoy Basketball Addicts

+13
pjvital
mkhael
SuperSamurai
kevin
gForce45
nicowaje
jenz_iluvpba
kirsten23
arei_eann
nat2x
kikabutchi
carlosbriggs
jimbo79
17 posters

Mga Ka-Addict, do you still remember Jojo Tangkay?

jimbo79
    jimbo79

Mga Ka-Addict, do you still remember Jojo Tangkay? Empty Mga Ka-Addict, do you still remember Jojo Tangkay?

Post by jimbo79 Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:19 pm

ang galing pa din nya! Mga Ka-Addict, do you still remember Jojo Tangkay? 1020217971 his outside shots and his jumpers are still good! Mga Ka-Addict, do you still remember Jojo Tangkay? 1020217971 kinuha sya ng isang team para maglaro sa isang open invitational basketball tournament dito sa aming town, their team won the championship this night and aside from that he's the playing coach Mga Ka-Addict, do you still remember Jojo Tangkay? 326183

i think mga ka addict he needs another break in the PBA kasi sayang yung galing nya Mga Ka-Addict, do you still remember Jojo Tangkay? 731863 sa mga small basketball league nalang siya lumalaro Mga Ka-Addict, do you still remember Jojo Tangkay? 731863 i hope one team will give him another chance 👍 Mga Ka-Addict, do you still remember Jojo Tangkay? 1020217971
    carlosbriggs
    carlosbriggs

Mga Ka-Addict, do you still remember Jojo Tangkay? Empty Re: Mga Ka-Addict, do you still remember Jojo Tangkay?

Post by carlosbriggs Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:54 am

Jojo Tankay played in Sta.lucia Realty pero I think his old to play again in the PBA.Opinion ko lang
    kikabutchi
    kikabutchi

Mga Ka-Addict, do you still remember Jojo Tangkay? Empty Re: Mga Ka-Addict, do you still remember Jojo Tangkay?

Post by kikabutchi Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:12 am

Hindi ko rin maintindihan bakit di gumaling to. Di ba ka-match to dati ni Peter June Simon sa PBL? As I remember nga eh maraming nag-contest nung si PJ ang nanalo ng MVP dun at hindi siya? Sayang nga talga but mukhang late na kung ngayon pa siya baalik...
    nat2x
    nat2x

Post by nat2x Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:10 pm

naglaro siya sa welcoat dragons(rain or shine) under coach leo austria. pero di rin sya nagtagal.
    arei_eann
    arei_eann

Post by arei_eann Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:13 pm

parang naglaro din siya sa ginebra nun parang lang im not sure. kasabayan pa nga niya si Chester Tolomia eh..
    kirsten23
    kirsten23

Post by kirsten23 Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:19 pm

una xa nglaro sa sta lucia pero ngka injury kc 2 tpos npunta nga xa sa welcoat, but i think hinde po xa nglaro sa ginebra. ang alam ko kasabayan ni chester tolomia ay si Gilbert Malabanan pareho ata cla una nglaro sa Ginebra..
    arei_eann
    arei_eann

Post by arei_eann Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:27 pm

fhenoel25 wrote:una xa nglaro sa sta lucia pero ngka injury kc 2 tpos npunta nga xa sa welcoat, but i think hinde po xa nglaro sa ginebra. ang alam ko kasabayan ni chester tolomia ay si Gilbert Malabanan pareho ata cla una nglaro sa Ginebra..

ah ganun ba?. oo nga nalito lang ako si Gilbert nga pala yun sabi ko nga hindi ako sigurado Mga Ka-Addict, do you still remember Jojo Tangkay? 3090769472 salamat narin sa info fhenoel25 Mga Ka-Addict, do you still remember Jojo Tangkay? 116727 si Rob Johnson kilala mo?. yan sure akong naglaro senyo yan
    kirsten23
    kirsten23

Post by kirsten23 Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:34 pm

ur so much welcum arei_eann
    yeah, monicker nya nga ata "the bulldog"
    ngpangabot pa nga ata cla nila jayjay at mark, in fact mron ata c rob johnson basketball clinic tpos tm2long din sknya dun ung ibng mga PBA fil-am players..
    👏
    jenz_iluvpba
    jenz_iluvpba

Post by jenz_iluvpba Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:35 pm

A few days ago, this person crossed into my mind. I was wondering where he is now and what happened to him since it wasn't clear to me why he just suddenly vanished in the PBA. And now, I found an answer to my questions. Well, good for him. At least he still gets to share his talent and ingenuity in basketball though he's not playing in the PBA anymore.
    jimbo79
    jimbo79

Post by jimbo79 Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:54 pm

jenz_iluvpba wrote:A few days ago, this person crossed into my mind. I was wondering where he is now and what happened to him since it wasn't clear to me why he just suddenly vanished in the PBA. And now, I found an answer to my questions. Well, good for him. At least he still gets to share his talent and ingenuity in basketball though he's not playing in the PBA anymore.

Mga Ka-Addict, do you still remember Jojo Tangkay? 1020217971 i hope he will be back! Mga Ka-Addict, do you still remember Jojo Tangkay? 1020217971
    nat2x
    nat2x

Post by nat2x Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:10 am

ka-batch ata siya nila caguioa,miller,arigo nung 2001.
    nicowaje

Post by nicowaje Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:55 pm

asan n nga pala c john arigo?
    gForce45
    gForce45

Post by gForce45 Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:55 pm

nicowaje wrote:asan n nga pala c john arigo?

John Arigo has been following a rehabilitation program due to suffering a complex injury sustained last few season, earlier report that he will be hanging his jersey and an announcement about his early retirement last August 2009 news outbreak wasn't heard directly from the horses mouth, John's career as a professional basketball player will continue and he promise some of his fans that he will return next year.

D' Arsenal told some of his close friends "I'm not hanging my jersey, I'm turning 32 next year, I've decide to undergo treatment and rehabilitation here in the U.S. to strengthen my muscles both on my thigh and leg muscles, please don't listen to anyone about my early retirement," John Arigo said.

"Do you think that I'm going to retire and give-up that easily, why do you think that I'm trying-out with other teams in the PBA because I'm testing my legs and thigh muscles, for now I'm more concern on getting back to shape and run 3 to 5 miles every morning and afternoon to build strength in my lower and upper legs," he added to the recent interview.

Retrieved from "http://hoopedia.nba.com/index.php?title=John_Arigo"
    kevin

Post by kevin Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:45 am

dapat dagdagan ang teams sa pba. kagaya nyan madaming mga talented na players pero hindi nagagamit.... hehehe opinyon lang ..
    SuperSamurai
    SuperSamurai

Post by SuperSamurai Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:40 pm

Jercules "Jojo" Tangkay (born November 26, 1976 in Aloguinsan, Cebu) is a professional basketball player in the Philippine Basketball Association who notably played for the Welcoat Dragons. He was drafted 16th overall by Sta. Lucia in 2001.

Tangkay was made to the rosters of Southwestern University Cobras on his freshman year after he offered to try-out with them. He became the Cebu Amateurs Athletic Association's MVP in 2000 that made attracted by most professional scouts in the Philippine Basketball Association and the Philippine Basketball League.

He was then drafted 16th overall by Sta. Lucia Realtors in 2001. However, his height hinders his development and affected his playing time with the team. In 2002, he was signed by the Talk 'N Text Phone Pals and only played 14 games before he was released.

Disappointed in his failure to make a breakthrough in the PBA, Tangkay was signed contract with Welcoat Paint Masters in the Philippine Basketball League to resurrect his basketball career. He became one of the league's superstar and earned 2 MVP awards.

When Welcoat acquired the PBA's Shell franchise in 2006, he was re-signed for a new contract to play in the PBA after a great season with them in the semi-professional league. In 2008, he was waived by the team.

He is currently playing with Tangkay was made to the rosters of Southwestern University Cobras on his freshman year after he offered to try-out with them. He became the Cebu Amateurs Athletic Association's MVP in 2000 that made attracted by most professional scouts in the Philippine Basketball Association and the Philippine Basketball League.

He was then drafted 16th overall by Sta. Lucia Realtors in 2001. However, his height hinders his development and affected his playing time with the team. In 2002, he was signed by the Talk 'N Text Phone Pals and only played 14 games before he was released.

Disappointed in his failure to make a breakthrough in the PBA, Tangkay was signed contract with Welcoat Paint Masters in the Philippine Basketball League to resurrect his basketball career. He became one of the league's superstar and earned 2 MVP awards.

When Welcoat acquired the PBA's Shell franchise in 2006, he was re-signed for a new contract to play in the PBA after a great season with them in the semi-professional league. In 2008, he was waived by the team.

He is currently playing with M. Lhuillier Cebu Ninos of LIGA PILIPINAS.
    mkhael
    mkhael

Post by mkhael Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:39 am

I believe bisaya si jojo tangkay he played with Welcoat, he had a very controversial PBL MVP match with PJ Simon
    pjvital
    pjvital

Post by pjvital Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:02 am

sayang naman, hindi pinalad si Tangkay sa PBA di kagaya ng dominance nya sa PBL.. as for John Arigo naman, sayang din.. shortened PBA Career..
    acesfan007

Post by acesfan007 Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:09 pm

Maganda ang laro ni Jojo nong nasa PBL pa yata sya... Pero nung malipat sa PBA medyo nag downhill since mas physical ang laro dito, tapos di pa malalakas ang kakampi nya nung time na yun parang wala pa ata sila Norwood, Araña, Tang, Chan, Belga tapos medyo mahina ang interior defense nila, idagdag pa natin yung injury nya (tuhod).
    rubpas
    rubpas

Post by rubpas Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:11 pm

Magaling to. Pinabilib ako nito first stint nya sa sta. lucia. Slasher, shooter at pesky defender...
    oliverqt18
    oliverqt18

Post by oliverqt18 Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:20 pm

kaya nga e..dapat si yeng na humawak sa kanila nun para mejo nagtagal to sa PBA e,I remember nilampasan ata niya ung top scoring output sa PBL which was previously set by Marlou e,40+ points ata un..
    Crunch Time
    Crunch Time

Post by Crunch Time Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:06 pm

Being drafted at the early 2000 means he's around mid 30's. Once a shooter always a shooter. Has some very good playing days but I don't think teams would gamble on him anymore. Jercules Tangkay went back to PBL when he failed to land a contract in the PBA. He was still good then(won 2 more MVP's) but the knack is he is just a pure shooter. No defense, no penetration. that stymied his career.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:52 am