Pinoy Basketball Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pinoy Basketball Addicts

Alexander denies abandoning Patriots

supr3mo
    supr3mo

Alexander denies abandoning Patriots Empty Alexander denies abandoning Patriots

Post by supr3mo Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:24 pm

Alexander denies abandoning Patriots Chrisamrm

Chris Alexander took to Twitter to defend himself against allegations that he abandoned the AirAsia Philippine Patriots.

“I talked with my agent and as well as left half my stuff there to come home to attend some court stuff in which I have papers for. I also sent the [Patriots'] assistant GM a text and message on Facebook that I was going to attend court cases which I was gonna return next week,” wrote Alexander on his Twitter account.

His Philippine agent, Sheryl Reyes, had earlier vented her ire on Twitter over Alexander’s disappearance.

“This is unbelievable. See what mess you created @chrisalexande29,” wrote Reyes. “Now people think I will be covering your ass. Man, you lied about missing your flight.”

Alexander expressed his disappointment about Reyes’ rant.

“I am your client and you knew I was gonna come back next week and you talk about me like this!” he said.

Alexander added that he never really wanted to play for the Patriots, but it was Reyes and the team who convinced him to come over. He took the job, he said, because he wanted to come back to play in the Philippines.

The Patriots, meanwhile, are scrambling to find a replacement for Alexander after his departure.

“We might bring in Nakiea Miller once again to team up with Anthony Johnson,” team manager Erick Arejola told InterAKTV in a telephone interview early Friday morning.

Reyes and Arejola both said they are looking at options to have Alexander banned. Agents and clubs can file a request before FIBA’s Basketball Arbitral Tribunal to blacklist players. All international teams sanctioned by FIBA are disallowed from signing banned players. Currently, only Lee Benson — curiously, also a former PBA import — is on the FIBA blacklist.

Source: InterAKTV

Current date/time is Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:38 am