Pinoy Basketball Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pinoy Basketball Addicts

3 posters

San Mig discard Rogers happy to make most of second chance with SMB

MagicMan1347
    MagicMan1347

San Mig discard Rogers happy to make most of second chance with SMB Empty San Mig discard Rogers happy to make most of second chance with SMB

Post by MagicMan1347 Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:33 am

San Mig discard Rogers happy to make most of second chance with SMB Mattrogersas

MATT Rogers considers it “God-ordained” when he found his basketball career redirected from San Mig Coffee in the PBA to the San Miguel Beermen in the Asean Basketball League (ABL) following his forgettable one-game stint in the PBA Commissioner’s Cup.

Rogers, the 6-11 Southwest Baptist University alumnus, said the unexpected call-up from the Beermen has given him the opportunity to redeem himself since he felt like he wasn’t given a chance to show what he can really do with the Mixers.

“My first game in the PBA, I was so tired. I felt like I couldn’t finish (the game),” Rogers told Spin.ph during halftime of the Petron-Barako Bull game at the Smart Araneta Coliseum.

Rogers, who was replaced by comebacking best import Denzel Bowles, said he was supposed to go home a few days after being told by San Mig Coffee coach Tim Cone that they were letting him go. But his agent convinced him to stick around and perhaps get a new job offer.

“I think it was a God (ordained) thing already. My agent told me to just stick around another two days and coach Tim called me up and said, 'Just wait a little while,'” he added.

True enough, another door opened for him when San Miguel import Brian Williams got injured.

Rogers has made the most of his second chance with the Beermen, a team that has been on a tailspin prior to his entry despite a star-studded lineup led by import Gabe Freeman and Williams, along with veteran big men Asi Taulava and Eric Menk as well as playmaker Chris Banchero.

“At least I have two good games (in the ABL). Hope it would continue,” said Rogers, who is averaging 15.5 points, seven rebounds and 3.5 blocks in his first two games with the Beermen.

He played his best game with the Beermen on Saturday night, scoring 21 points, grabbing 10 rebounds and adding two blocks in leading SMB to a 77-66 whipping of the Westports Malaysia Dragons.

Source: Richard Dy, SPIN.ph

amare22
    amare22

San Mig discard Rogers happy to make most of second chance with SMB Empty Re: San Mig discard Rogers happy to make most of second chance with SMB

Post by amare22 Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:42 am

Congrats Bro. Matt!
    That's indeed a blessing. Keep it up!
    TjGiants
    TjGiants

San Mig discard Rogers happy to make most of second chance with SMB Empty Re: San Mig discard Rogers happy to make most of second chance with SMB

Post by TjGiants Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:39 pm

Keep up the good work Matt. You really deserved a second chance to prove what is your worth.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:06 am