Pinoy Basketball Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pinoy Basketball Addicts

+41
vhaljasme18
imbanikko
four5three
KH
Lloyd Christmas
rubpas
feroza
al_dwin
kaliphsto24
devil unleashed
elvince15
Kcem10
pjvital
Dee.Cubed
Nasty
Rollinrl
nyze_mc47
Jazzper
Beerman42
kion
supr3mo
kapoyubra
BasketBallFan
HOVA
elguapo
alejandro86002
fuji-san
juanrovir
ripclaw
Randz853
apeng18
badz03
Captain-LB6-DW3
eemjhay23
kryptonian_lance
Mon23
jenz_iluvpba
vhinsanity
knight_teardroper
khyndr3d
45 posters

MVP for the Past 35 Years

khyndr3d
    khyndr3d

MVP for the Past 35 Years - Page 5 Empty MVP for the Past 35 Years

Post by khyndr3d Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

MVP for the Past 35 Years - Page 5 Mvp10

Multiple time winners

Ramon Fernandez - 4
    MVP for the Past 35 Years - Page 5 Mon

Alvin Patrimonio - 4
    MVP for the Past 35 Years - Page 5 2vryb1u

Bogs Adornado - 3
    MVP for the Past 35 Years - Page 5 Photo1204911730738

Abet Guidaben - 2
    MVP for the Past 35 Years - Page 5 Player1195961854452

Benjie Paras - 2
    MVP for the Past 35 Years - Page 5 Benjie-paras

Danny Ildefonso - 2
    MVP for the Past 35 Years - Page 5 Ildefonso

Willie Miller - 2
    MVP for the Past 35 Years - Page 5 5lyogo

James Yap - 2
    MVP for the Past 35 Years - Page 5 Ou0hw4

Source: Wikipedia
    feroza
    feroza

MVP for the Past 35 Years - Page 5 Empty Re: MVP for the Past 35 Years

Post by feroza Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:18 pm

kion wrote:
    Thanks for clearing the matter.. I am not really in-oppose for the MEDIA VOTE when it comes to the MVP voting.. But I think PBA should lower the percentage and give majority of it to Players' votes.. I believe they are the best judge of whom should be awarded the MVP trophy.. Plus they cannot vote for themselves or any teammate.. I suggest 50% or 60% be alloted for players' votes and limit the MEDIA vote to maybe 10% or 15% at the least..

forgive me if i am not with you on allocating 50% players' vote. lemme explain.

these players, same with the media voters, have their own biases. it might be greater than those of the media voters. why? let's take the following scenario for example:

statistical leaders:

1. joseph yeo - 600 pts
    2. mark caguioa - 450 pts
    3. james yap - 437 pts
    4. arwind santos - 404 pts
    5. willy wilson - 398 pts

joseph yeo is having the best year of his career leading his team in points, steals and assists. many experts and players alike think that it's a no-brainer who should get the MVP plum.

looking back at the history of enrico villanueva and joseph yeo, do you think that he will vote for joseph yeo even though joseph leads the statistical race and majority of the people think that he deserves to be the MVP? let's say that even though enrico is teammates with mark but they're not buddies outside the playing court and enrico and willy wilson works out at the same time in the same gym. they've exchanged stories and secrets, had lunch together after work out and other things buddies do. it's very possible that he votes for willy just because they're buddies, isn't it?

- end of scenario -

there are also times when a team is having practice on game time especially if they have a crucial game coming up so the whole team will not be able to watch at least a game. how reliable is a voter who wasn't able to watch every game in choosing an MVP?

now, the media people, they cover each game day in day out. they are there in out of town games and even in out of country games. basically, they have to watch all the games in the PBA because they are paid to do so. that's what they do for a living. in doing so, they become an expert in basketball and they know what is happening every game.

having said these, i support the current system of choosing the MVP.

disclaimer:

the scenario i gave in this post is just for sample purposes only. it does not reflect my choice of MVP.
    hotshotsakuragi
    hotshotsakuragi

Post by hotshotsakuragi Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:46 am

badz03 wrote:
    Captain-LB6-DW3 wrote:james yap pwede pang makakuha ng 2 dlawang mvp yan bago mg-slow down ang career...

sure yan...

👍

yes,, 2 more MVP's for James lalo na ngayung bumabalik na ang MVP form niya

Nice sana this conference mag-champion sila at sana siya ang maging mvp... MVP for the Past 35 Years - Page 5 907965134
    mkhael
    mkhael

Post by mkhael Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:32 am

sana mag ka MVP rin sa season si Sakuragi
    raymondcaby

Post by raymondcaby Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:01 pm

Be the first to see the San Mig Coffee Mixer's Evolution in this exclusive video. Don't forget to like and share mga ka-Mixers to show your support to the team! Kampihan na all the way to the PBA 2013 Finals! See link: Http://on.fb.me/SUraFR
    MagicMan1347
    MagicMan1347

Post by MagicMan1347 Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:06 pm

raymondcaby wrote:Be the first to see the San Mig Coffee Mixer's Evolution in this exclusive video. Don't forget to like and share mga ka-Mixers to show your support to the team! Kampihan na all the way to the PBA 2013 Finals! See link: Http://on.fb.me/SUraFR

Sir I believe you have been warned about this and you are still posting on different boards. One more and you will merit a W!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:15 am